My Playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com

Followers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chicken Soup

I thought I would incorporate with the recipes, where I get my food on sale.

For this recipe I used chicken thighs I purchased at The Dollar Tree, yup, the one on Jefferson by Big Lots. I got 3 thighs for $1. I bought 4 for future meals. I served with garlic bread (also from dollar tree) for $1 and I bought dessert for $1 - Luigi's Real Italian Ice Cups - Lemon flavor, fat free and 4 in a box. It's a great FHE treat for Monday nights and cheap!

Chicken Soup

3 chicken thighs - boil until cooked (approx. 8 cups of water - keep the water for your soup base)
1 Onion chopped
4 Celery stalked chopped
2 Carrots peeled and chopped
4 potatoes cut into chunks - no need to peel
1/2 bag frozen peas
1 small can of diced tomatoes w/juice
1 cup cooked noodles (cook separately and then add to the soup)
Season to taste with: Pepper, Season Salt, crushed red peppers, garlic powder

  • remove chicken from water and remove skin and chop up chicken into pieces and return to the water.
  • Chop all the veggies and add all remaining ingredients to the water.
  • Cook on medium heat for about 40 minutes and serve
  • Left overs can be frozen for future meals

Total cost for meal, garlic bread and dessert $5.00 - and there were leftovers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Dollar Tree but haven't seen chicken or garlic bread at ours..
all of your recipes sound yummy!